- Germany fully supports Barnier in negotiations
- Says that we are doing everything for the sake of a deal
- Expects the same from the UK
- EU27 wants an ambitious partnership with the UK post-Brexit
- Allowing the UK to cherry-pick would impede the functioning of EU’s single market
- We will not make special rules for the UK
- A no deal Brexit would be the worst case scenario for all parties
And that continues to put a positive spin on the Brexit rhetoric we have seen so far on the day. Cable now rises to a high of 1.3136 on the day while EUR/USD touches a high of 1.1775 as well.